As an organization administrator will be responsible for configuring your organization vDC networks and sometimes this will require setting configuring firewall services. Enable the firewall on an organization vDC network to enforce firewall rules on incoming traffic, outgoing traffic, or both.
When you enable the firewall, you can specify a default firewall action to deny all incoming and outgoing traffic or to allow all incoming and outgoing traffic. You can also add specific firewall rules to allow or deny traffic that matches the rules to pass through the firewall. These rules take precedence over the default firewall action.
If you have specified syslog server settings and applied them to the organization vDC network, then you will be able to log events related to the default firewall action.
Verify that a routed organization vDC network is in place.
- Click Administration and select the organization vDC.
- Click the Org vDC Networks tab, right-click the organization vDC network name, and select Configure Services.
- Click the Firewall tab and select Enable firewall to enable firewall services, or deselect it to disable firewall services.
- Select the default firewall action
Option Description Deny Blocks all traffic except when overridden by a firewall rule. Allow Allows all traffic except when overridden by a firewall rule.
- (Optional) Select the Log check box to log events related to the default firewall action.
- Click OK